Friday, March 04, 2011

Boats 6





Since several of you have let me know how much you are enjoying the Boats series so I think I will continue the theme for a couple more days.

In 1973 I photographed several boats moored in Arnold's Cove, Placentia Bay. I always liked the composition and the photo was published in a magazine back then. It was also used in a tourism brochure and slide show in the mid-90s.

The second image shows a couple of boats tied up to a fishing stage in Fortune Harbour, Notre Dame Bay. I liked the home-made cabin built on one of those boats. Fishermen in Conception Bay were busy hauling nets one summer in the late 80s. I think they may have been fishing for capelin, but I am not certain. Since the closure of the northern cod fishery and the downturn in the capelin fishery, I don't see scenes like this very often.

The fourth image shows boats moored just offshore in Torbay and the last was taken in Tors Cove. Both these towns are located on the Avalon Peninsula.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Lupines

Lupines I will share photos of Lupines to my most recent Lupines Facebook Album over the next few days. I really like lupines and, when I mo...