Friday, March 11, 2011

Robins





I had planned to start a Spring series this morning, but when I looked at the photos I had chosen I realized that I had shared many of them previously. As a result, I am sharing photos of robins, one of the first species of birds to return to this area of the world in the Spring. Since there are lots of robins here every year, many people take them for granted. I do make photographs of robins whenever I can, but because we have 2 cats and our son, who lives next door, also has 2 cats, I don't get many opportunities to photograph them.

Like many birds, robins are skittish and it is hard to get close to them. I've found that the best way to get close to robins is lie flat on the ground and use a good telephoto or zoom lens to get close views. When you look at today's images you will notice that the shallow depth of field with the foreground and background being out of focus.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...