Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday





Good Friday

In honour of Good Friday I am sharing images of the Grand Falls Graveyard that were scanned from slides taken in the 70s. I liked the statue of Jesus on the cross and I photographed it several times when I lived there.

The sun rose behind the statue and I tried to capture it with the colours of the sunrise in the background. The first image shows the cross with dark clouds with bright sun shining through. I liked the golden colours on the horizon as well.

I went to the graveyard to capture the full moon directly behind Jesus' head. The trees were in the way, but I was able to zoom in to make the third image. I liked the lighting in the third image.

The fourth photo was taken on a different day when the sun was much higher in the sky. I positioned myself so the sun was behind a tree knowing the bright sun would cause most of the image to be dark. This morning I added the poem, which I had written back in the 70s, to illustrate that an image which is very dark can still be useful.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.


No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...