Thursday, April 21, 2011

Horses 5





Horses 5

This will be the last in my Horses series for now. I will return to it as I scan more photos of Horses around Newfoundland and Labrador.

The first photo is a close-up of one eye of the pinto in Bishop's Cove that tried to put its head in my car window. I liked the peaceful scene of a horse looking out to sea in Little Heart's Ease, Trinity Bay. I saw a gentleman leading his horse to the barn in Chapel's Cove and stopped to make a photo. I am glad I did because the barns shown in the third photo no longer exist. This is a scene that may have been common around our province in the past. Unfortunately, I don't see as many horses around these days so I haven't had many recent images.

The white horse looked almost ghost-like against the green shrubbery and grasses. This is probably the same white horse from Holyrood that I shared a couple of days ago. The black horse was also photographed near Holyrood Harbour.

No comments:

George Street United Church

George Street United Church In 2006, while working on a project about religion in Newfoundland and Labrador, I visited the 150-year-old chur...