Sunday, April 17, 2011

Horses





Horses

A member of my Photo of the Day list requested photos of horses and since I do have many that were taken in outport communities of Newfoundland and Labrador, I thought I'd share a few today. These images illustrate the theme of my Photo of the Day - EVERYTHING'S A PICTURE. They are nothing fancy, just views of horses going about their business. Because I like photographing most animals, I took the time stop to make these photos and can now share them with you.

The first photo was taken in Bishop's Cove, Conception Bay in the summer of 2003. This type of horse was unusual when compared with most I photograph around here. As soon as I got out of the car to make a picture, it ran quickly up the steep hill. It even put its head in through the car window. It was the friendliest horse I had ever met.

The grey horse was eating on a cliff overlooking Conception Bay. I got out of the car and it looked directly at me until it finished eating the grass it had in its mouth. I liked the the lighting in this image, the colour of the horse, and the muted colours in the background,

I stopped to photograph the brown horse with blond mane in Chapel's Cove, Conception Bay This photo was taken in the mid-eighties. I thought it interesting that there was lots of grass growing in the pasture but the horse was munching on a small shrub outside the fence.

The dark brown horse was spooked a little as I approached it to make a photo. I captured it just as it jerked its head away from me. A group of horses just off the Veterans Memorial Highway caught my attention. The scene reminded me of many I had seen in western movies when I was much younger.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...