Monday, April 04, 2011

R - Reflections





R - Reflections

I have been shooting photographs of reflections for many years and have picked a few images on this subject scanned from my slide files

The first was taken as the sun set in Notre Dame Park near the Lewisporte Junction on the Trans Canada Highway. I liked the plants and their reflections on the golden surface of the lake. I remember liking the reflections of a fish plant and workers in Quidi Vidi Village and deciding to shoot the reflection only. I have used this image in slide shows and have flipped it to make students question what is going on. The third image shows reflections of the Golden Eagle Refinery, which closed shortly after I made this photo, in Holyrood Harbour. I knew it was going to close and made a special trip down there at night to capture this scene. Masts from sailboats at the marina in Holyrood added interest to the colourful reflections in the water. The last image was made using the cross-star filter I referred to in yesterday's post. I was shooting directly into the sun and the star effect was duplicated. This isn't a particularly successful image, but I thought I'd show you the results of experimentation.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...