Wednesday, April 06, 2011

T - Tattoo (1982)







T - Tattoo

I have only photographed the Signal Hill Tattoo twice; once in 1977 and again in 1982 and have around 60 images in my files. As far as I know this re-enactment of battles for control of St. John's Harbour still takes place during the summer months. I may have to shoot it again because when I checked on line I noticed that the uniforms have changed over the years. The interesting thing is that the young people shown today are now in their late 40s or early 50s. I wonder what the chances are that someone on this list recognizes a person in the photos, or are even in the group shots.

The first photo was used in a tourism slide show I produced in the 80s and one comment from a viewer was that the flag was wrong. Of course, the wind on Signal Hill in St. John's can get quite high and in this case was blowing in the same direction that the "soldiers" were marching. :)

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...