Saturday, May 28, 2011

Holes





Holes

A while back the theme in an online photography contest was Holes. At the time I chose several images that I thought I could enter. For the next few days I will share images that illustrate the theme "Holes" even though I didn't really have that theme in mind when I was making the images, Today's photos were scanned from images made using Kodachrome slide film,.

As you view these pictures, keep in mind that the theme to my Photo of the Day is EVERYTHING'S A PICTURE and that if you are looking for things to photograph, they are all around you. I hear from members of this list who say they saw something or other and commented that "Bruce would probably take a picture of that!". That illustrates that you are "seeing" photos even if you don't have a camera with you. :)

I don't think many of you would be able to guess what the first photo is so I'll explain how I took it. A few years ago, I saw a large rusted barrel near the side of a pond here in Holyrood. I climbed inside and focused on the holes caused by rusting and created a silhouette of the abstract shapes with the blue sky in the background.

The second shows silhouettes of shells hanging on a line in Lover's Key Park in Bonita Springs. I photographed the odd "shell sculpture" from many angles, but for this morning's theme chose the silhouette with the sunlight reflecting off the water through the holes in the shell. The next shows a wider view of the sculpture.

At the Arches Provincial Park on the Great Northern Peninsula you will see "holes" eroded through the rock cliff. Again, for this morning, I chose a silhouette that emphasized the abstract hape of this hole.

I saw a round culvert surrounded by flat rocks and made an image of the scene.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows

.

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...