Thursday, May 19, 2011

Houses 4





Houses 4

I went to Harricott with the intention of making photos of the house in today's photos. I have photographed it several times over the years but today's photos are digitals. The first was taken in 2002, the second in 2003 and the third a week or so ago.

In 2002 I was glad to see that the house had been painted and it looked like someone had been fixing it up. When I returned in 2003, I was a little disappointed that the paint had started to peel off, and even more disappointed last week when I saw that the veranda had been removed and the door boarded up.

Most of the houses shown in this series have been partially restored with paint, new windows, new doors or even a complete makeover, but this one seems to have been abandoned. It is located on a large piece of land overlooking the ocean with few houses around; perfect for a summer home. Of course, since I know nothing of the owners or the situation, I have no idea what is happening with this property other than it is deteriorating over time.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...