Saturday, May 21, 2011

Spring Plants





Spring Plants

I've been walking the trails behind my house for a couple of weeks now and have carried my camera each time. I am hoping to see a moose, but is seems like they have been hanging around my house instead. I did see one grouse, but it ducked under the bushes and I couldn't see it after it went off the trail. I've heard many species of birds but haven't seen any during my recent hikes.

It has been overcast most days so I have been taking photos of the various plant life I see: mosses, lichens and anything else that attracts my attention. Some mosses are still green after the long winter, while others are red. Lichens add a variety of colours to the cliffs and boulders along the way. The fourth image shows a small organism growing among the mosses on a stump that has been rotting for many years. The only place I have ever noticed this species is on one particular stump, so it isn't very common around here. I would appreciate it if someone could identify this organism for me. The last photo shows a few pansies blooming in my yard, a subject for an upcoming Photo of the Day.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...