Sunday, May 22, 2011

St. John's Doors





St. John's Doors

If the weather cooperates today I plan to make a few photographs around the yard and will let you see what it is like here in Holyrood in the last week or so of May. Believe it or not, it has been fairly dry here, even though we haven't had a lot of warm, sunny weather.

Today, however, I have chosen a few photographs of doors taken in downtown St. John's ten years ago. Some of the businesses have closed and several doors have changed since that time. In fact, I think Melendy's closed after last year's tourist season.

As I walked along Water Street I photographed storefronts, then zoomed in to capture individual doors and windows. In order to have few vehicles and people in the scenes, I went early on a Sunday morning when I knew there would be less traffic.

Feel free to check my Windows and Doors Gallery at: http://www.lanephotography.com/windows_doors/windows.htm

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...