Monday, July 04, 2011

Barcelona 9 - Park Güell











Barcelona 9 - Park Güell

Parc Güell is a large park built on the side of a large hill overlooking the city of Barcelona. Once my wife and I followed a few paths up the hill, the crowds dissipated and the higher we went, the fewer people we encountered. Quite often we were entertained by peaceful music that seemed to match the surroundings and stopped to listen to musicians playing instruments that were different than anything we had heard before.

The first photo shows a person walking on a narrow pathway that took her through a field of trees and flowers. Because she was walking fairly slowly and there was no one else on that particular path, I was able to compose the image and make the photo before anyone else walked into the scene. There are several people in the background but they are obscured by the plants.

Before seeing the musician in the second image I could hear beautiful, peaceful music and when I approached him was surprised that the instrument he was playing could sound so peaceful. It looked like the tops of 2 steel drums stuck together. Later a guy playing a stringed instrument caught my attention and I was able to make a photo of him before moving on.

As you can see from the other photos, caricature artists and living statues were also on hand to entertain visitors. Though we saw many living statues in Barcelona and Rome this guy was one of the best. How he could keep in the same position in the heat with all the clothes was amazing. I couldn't resist taking a few photos of people looking through the interesting windows on the unique buildings at the entrance of the park. The last photo was taken through an opening in a rock wall on one of the paths. I saw two young women smiling for another photographer and quickly tried to capture it. I actually missed the shot, but the other photographer wanted another picture so they posed again and I was able to capture the image.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel In May 2016, my wife and I had a pleasurable stay at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel in Banff, Alberta. Of cou...