Saturday, July 23, 2011

Rome 4











Rome 4

This morning I am continuing with street scenes of old Rome. As I said earlier this week, we had 3 hours of free time to explore Rome on our own. After that we had to meet for a guided tour of St. Peter's Basilica and the Roman Coliseum before heading back to the ship. As you can see from the photos yesterday and today, we managed to find a few narrow streets without crowds of tourists. I did try to capture a few locals as they walked along the streets or stood around talking on their cell phones. As you can see, there isn't a lot of room for parking or truck traffic on these roads.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.


No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...