Saturday, July 09, 2011

Villefranche 3








Villefranche 3

This morning I am sharing a few more scenes from Villefranche including one from the main street. As I said previously, my wife and I walked around the streets in the Old Town before tourists arrived, had lunch, then walked back towards the terminal where we were to meet our tour bus.

The first photo shows a narrow street with a church near the top. I composed the image then waited for the man to get partway down the steps before shooting. As well, because one half the street was in the shade and the other was bright, I tried to focus on the brightest part of the scene (the church) hoping it will be correctly exposed. When using my camera, this technique causes the shaded area fairly dark so I tried to include less of the shaded area.

To make the second photo I focused on the grey part of the building on the right and there was enough fill light reflected off the buildings that it showed a little detail in the shaded area. There are two people in the scene but you can barely see the one in the shade. The sign for an Italian Restaurant in the narrow streets of the Old Town in a French Village caught my attention and was the main reason for making this image.

The bright yellow umbrellas shading tables near the sea added interest to the scene. You can see the road on one side of the tables and fishing boats on the other with a narrow path for walkers in between. The last photo shows the narrow street after the tourists discovered it. I was happy that I had a chance to make photos before all the people showed up.

Feel free to comment on the photos of Europe that I have been sharing for nearly two weeks, and will continue to do so for a while yet. Comments thus far have been positive and several people say they have been motivated to visit this part of the world and are now asking about the particular cruise we took. As I continue to share the photos I took on the trip, I will comment about the various tours and sights. Tomorrow I plan to share photos of a tour to Monaco and Monte Carlo. I do have more images of windows, doors and the inside of a church in Villefranche but will share them later.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...