Saturday, August 27, 2011

Croatia 4















Croatia 4

Like other cities in Europe, the side roads of Dubrovnik weren't as busy as the main roads where there were more tourists. Today's photos show a few of the narrow streets of the historic city. I've also included photos of some of the art on the buildings. In one image you can see people climbing steps to the top of the wall which surrounds the old city. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to go up there and photograph the city from that height.

In the early 90's Croatia was attacked by Serbia and much of the old city was destroyed, however, the city has been rebuilt and there is no sign of the destruction that was done. Many people display photos of buildings that were flattened and burned during that war. Imagine the historical buildings that were destroyed because of the insanity of war!

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Lupines

Lupines I will share photos of Lupines to my most recent Lupines Facebook Album over the next few days. I really like lupines and, when I mo...