Saturday, August 13, 2011

Venice 12















Venice 12

As I strolled through the narrow streets of Venice making photographs, occasionally I would find myself in one of the city's numerous squares, called campi in Italian. These provided opportunities to photograph historical buildings without the canals. If I had more time in Venice, I would have photographed all the squares, and more of the individual buildings in each.

While in the squares I took wide views showing the buildings, then I zoomed in to photograph doors and windows, artwork, statues and anything else of interest that caught my attention. Apparently, these squares are quite busy most of the time and are great places for locals to meet. But, as you can see, most squares I came across were nearly empty on that early Sunday morning.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...