Sunday, August 14, 2011

Venice 13




















































Today's photos show sculptures that were photographed in several of the city's squares during my 4 hour walk through the streets of Venice. I found that there was art everywhere in Venice, but the outsides of some churches were especially ornate. I haven't researched each sculpture yet but since many of the buildings date back to the 13th century, and I assume many of the sculptures are at least the same ages as the buildings.

In a few cases the facades of churches were difficult to photograph because they were facing narrow streets and the only way to get a wide view was to shoot nearly straight up. Other pieces of art were found over doors, under windows, above balconies - nearly everywhere I looked!




Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...