Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Venice 15
















Venice 15

The first photo this morning shows Corte Rubi, which I just happened upon as I headed back towards the shuttle boat to our cruise ship. I liked the lighting even though it was very bright inside the gate. I've included three different views of the same statue to illustrate how moving around your subject will give totally different views. I always encourage new photographers to try as many angles as possible when making photos of a particular subject.

The spices in a shop window looked colourful and interesting designs on them. You have probably figured out that I made quite a few photos through shop windows while on vacation. To avoid reflections, I usually put the lens of the camera as close to the glass as possible. I've uploaded a couple of photos of Pinocchio, a common toy sold in Italy, that were also taken through a window.

Throughout the Venice series several of you have asked if there was a lot of mould or a damp smell there because of all the water. To be honest, I don't remember any "damp" smell, but I did see a bit of mould on some statues and buildings. I've uploaded a few images of that this morning. I've also uploaded a few images of garbage on the streets. I debated taking the photos but thought that I may be able to use them to show how garbage can ruin the look of the old historical streets.

I didn't see much wildlife in Venice, but birds were very brave and kept landing on the table next to us as we ate in an outdoor restaurant.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...