Sunday, August 07, 2011

Venice 6















Venice 6

On the second day in Venice I decided to go in to the city on the first shuttle boat with the intention of making photographs without crowds of people in my way. Believe it or not, I was right - there weren't very many people on the go at 8:30 AM (when I arrived) and I was able to capture images that were impossible the previous day.

This morning I am sharing images made using my new Nikon P500. I liked the gondolas still covered and all lined up on one side of a small canal near Piazza San Marco. As I walked towards St. Mark's Basilica I made several photos of the artwork using the zoom capabilities of that camera.

The church was originally built in 828, then replaced after the original was burned in 976. Over the next few centuries, the church changed a lot with additions taken from churches in other countries during the Crusades - some statues are older than the church itself. If you are interested in the history of St. Mark's Basilica, feel free to check online for more detailed information.

The last five images this morning were taken during my walk through the streets of Venice that morning.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...