Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Burin Peninsula 15









Burin Peninsula 15

For those of you who were interested in the story behind the blue Volkswagen you can check the following link - sent to me by a member of my Photo of the Day list. http://www.southerngazette.ca/News/2009-08-11/article-1520549/Former-highway-ad-to-welcome-folks-to-Burin/1

The first photo today shows an interesting door of one of the fishing stages I photographed with the Nikon Coolpix P500 camera. I liked the contrast between the dark brown, white and green. The second shows a large fishing stage that is in poor shape. Notice the door in the top right corner of the building. It looks like an unusual position for a door and reminds me of the position of a window in a stage in Fortune which I shared previously. I've uploaded photos of other buildings that seem to be in a state of disrepair.

I didn't see much wildlife during my two day trip to the Burin Peninsula but when a family of ducks walked across the road as we were making photos of the area, I took a few of them. I also liked the white house with green and red trim with the "mother-in-law" door, as it is affectionately known here in Newfoundland and Labrador.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Cats

Cats I am sharing photos to my Cats 2 Facebook Album. If you like cats, you may enjoy my Cats Albums. I have provided links to both of my al...