Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Burin Peninsula 7





Burin Peninsula 7

This morning I have chosen photographs of houses along one of the streets in the town of Grand Bank. I think the houses in the first and third images are used as Bed and Breakfasts but the second seems to be falling into a state of disrepair. The roof over the veranda looks like it is in danger of falling down.

I liked the enclosed verandas on the houses - they make great sunrooms. There were several large houses of similar size and style in Grand Bank. I'll share more later.

When we built our house four years ago, we added a small sunroom to the original plans. It is approximately 15 x 6 feet and has three windows and a door. It faces west so in the afternoon the room heats up and in the evening the views of the sky are fantastic. Even in winter the sun heats that little room to nearly 30°C when the blinds are open and doors closed. I can only imagine the views and heat in the large rooms on those houses.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...