Monday, October 31, 2011

Black-Eyed Susans





Black-Eyed Susans

Here in Holyrood, the weather was so bad most of the summer, that plants and flowers did not do as well as in other years. Only a few dahlias bloomed, the shasta daisies were flattened by the heavy rains and high winds, the Japanese variegated willows did poorly, only one coneflower bloomed and most other plants did poorly. My potatoes and carrots were smaller than usual, and lettuce, savoury and basil didn't grow at all even though I planted those gardens twice. Other than weeds, only nasturtiums, green peas and strawberries grew very well here this year.

The photos of the black-eyed susans were taken in Nova Scotia the day I went to see the Moody Blues. My son picked me up at the airport and we drove to the Annapolis Valley, where he had to work for a few hours. We stopped in a couple of places on our way back to Halifax. These photos were taken near the Muir Winery.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...