Thursday, October 20, 2011

Quaker House 2





Quaker House 2

The spinning wheel is a common object I photograph in museums but the wheel in the second photo is much different than any I've seen previously. It looks like it is used for spinning wool (you can see wool on it) but it may have a different purpose than the regular spinning wheel. I did a quick search on line but didn't see photos of similar wheels. If you know what the purpose of this type of wheel, feel free to let me know.

I am not sure if the candle holder dates back to the late 1700's, but there were a few of them in Quaker House. I wonder how safe these were and if houses burned because of them. I`ve even seen inages of Christmas trees with real candles - a definite fire hazard!

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Cats

Cats I am sharing photos to my Cats 2 Facebook Album. If you like cats, you may enjoy my Cats Albums. I have provided links to both of my al...