Saturday, October 22, 2011

Quaker House 4





Quaker House 4

The second story of Quaker House had two bedrooms connected by a wash room with water jug, basin and chamber pot. This is quite a contrast with the en suite bathrooms in modern homes. I remember visiting my Grandparents in Winterton when I was a young boy. They didn't have running water and had a two-seater outhouse with old Eatons catalogues for toilet paper. At night we had to use a chamber pot that was kept under the bed. It was quite a change for me since we had running water and bathrooms where I grew up in Grand Falls.

One of yesterday's photos showed an object that I thought was a lamp. I received this comment from a member of my Photo of the Day list. Thanks for clarifying this.

Hi again Bruce--the third object is a lantern that would use candles.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...