Thursday, October 27, 2011

Quaker House 9








Quaker House 9

This is the last in the Quaker House series. I'd like to thank those of you who helped with the explanations of a few of the items I photographed during my visit there. The small broom and stool in the kitchen caught my attention as did a couple of baskets and a coil of rope. As I walked through this old house, I tried to imagine what life was like before electricity and many of the modern conveniences we take for granted today.

If you enjoyed this series and would like to view more images of antiques that show how people in the past lived, feel free to check my series on Ross Farm, a living museum also located in Nova Scotia. http://www.lanephotography.com/ross_farm/ross_farm.htm

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...