Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Santa Maria del Carmelo 1






Santa Maria del Carmelo 1

Because of the heat and crowds, my wife and I left St. Peter's Square to explore old Rome on our own. We were both surprised to find another church on the street leading to St. Peter's so we walked inside to have a look. There were few people inside so I made a few photos of this beautiful old building. The different forms of art: paintings, sculptures, carvings, and architecture in this church were amazing.

I wondered how many tourists actually dropped in to see this old church when they have to pass it to get to St. Peter's. My guess is that not too many take the time to explore Santa Maria del Carmello and that is a shame.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel In May 2016, my wife and I had a pleasurable stay at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel in Banff, Alberta. Of cou...