Monday, December 19, 2011

Nativity 2







Nativity 2

For the next few days I plan to share more photos of Nativity Scenes from around the world. The photos were taken during a Christmas display of Nativity Scenes held at the Basilica Museum in St. John's. If you live on the Northeast Avalon and are interested in seeing over 100 nativity scenes from all over the world, this year's Away in a Manger exhibition is over tomorrow, December 20.

It is interesting to see how people in different cultures choose to portray the Nativity. Each of the images I am sharing in this series is representative of countries all around the world. I think the second image is from Africa and it shows very joyful parents and Baby. The others portray more reserved parents with Child. All are reflections of a variety of cultures.

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...