Thursday, January 19, 2012

Southport






Southport

Southport is located in Trinity Bay, Newfoundland and Labrador. I have only visited this community once even though I have driven by the access road from the Trans Canada Highway numerous times. Once day in June, 2005 I decided to photograph the towns along the road to Southport and I was glad I did. I photographed most, if not all the communities and captured a few interesting images. However, I am not sure where all the photos were taken. I must have missed the town signs which I use as a reference. Hopefully, today's photos were all taken in Southport.

As you can see, there were many fishing stages in this community and most of them were in great condition. I took many more images of them which I will share at a later date. The purpose of the Communities of Newfoundland and Labrador Series is to give you an impression of where the residents of our province live. I will concentrate on fishing stages and outbuildings later this year.

Thanks for all the positive comments about the photos in this series. Also, thanks for letting me know that you have decided to visit Newfoundland and Labrador to experience this beautiful place in person, partly due to my Photo of the Day. Remember, I have been uploading photos to my Blog for nearly 6 years and there are over 8 000 photos at that site. You can search for specific places and/or photographic subjects in which you may be interested.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows

No comments:

Posters

Posters I have been creating posters with my photos for a few years and am sharing them in my 4th Posters Album. When I see an interesting q...