Monday, February 06, 2012

Bay de Verde














Bay de Verde

Bay de Verde is located at the north western tip of the Avalon Peninsula and is also located along the Baccalieu Trail. This small town with a population of around 500 was first settled around 1660 and its inhabitants have relied on the fishing industry to eke a living from the sea.

As you can see from the photos the town is built on two steep hills and valley between them. When the photos were taken in 2003 the fish plant was operational and many people in the town were employed there. I am not sure if that was one of the plants that closed recently or not.

As I said yesterday, my web site and email are working, but there is a limit of 200 emails per hour. As a result, most of my Photos of the Day emails were returned to me yesterday. I had to resend many of them again using another account. I apologize if any of you received the photos twice. In the future I will be sending my photos through this account (blane@nf.sympatico.ca) so you may have to "allow" emals from that address. If you have been getting my photos over the past 4 days, you should continue to receive them.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...