Monday, March 19, 2012

Alligator Steals Fish From Vultures























Alligator Steals Fish From Vultures

One afternoon while driving around the park on a golf cart, I saw a bunch of vultures circling overhead and headed in their direction hoping to capture some interesting images. I was excited to see several of the large birds on the ground while one of them had its entire head inside the fish. Then I noticed one of the vultures hopping slowly towards the water. When I saw an alligator's eyes sticking out of the water very close to shore, I thought I would capture an alligator grabbing a vulture. A few minutes passed and the alligator climbed onto the bank, walked towards the vultures, and took the fish from them. Next, fish in mouth, it turned and headed back to the water while the vultures stood by and watched.

This was the first time I had ever seen an alligator walking on the land let alone steal a fish from several large birds. I took over 20 photos of the entire sequence of events and uploaded them to my Blog today.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows

No comments:

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel In May 2016, my wife and I had a pleasurable stay at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel in Banff, Alberta. Of cou...