Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pied-Billed Grebe






Pied-Billed Grebe

Though I've been to Citrus Park 8 or 9 times, I had never seen the subject of today's photos, which I have identified as a pied-billed grebe. . When I first saw it in a small canal I thought it was a young duck. However after observing it for a few minutes I realized it wasn't a duck at all but a new specie for me. This bird was pretty elusive because once it went under water, it was hard to determine where it would surface. I was lucky enough to capture a few photos before I lost sight of it and moved on.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...