Friday, April 20, 2012

San Juan 12 - HMS Bounty 2
















San Juan 12 - The Bounty 2

As I started to walk away from the HMS Bounty I noticed a young woman working high up in the rigging standing on nothing but a small rope.  I walked back and made photos of her as she worked on one of the sails.  Then she climbed even higher to the next level very close to the top.  I made 90 photos of her as she worked and when I left she was still up there.

I am sharing photos this morning that should give you an idea of how high up she was, and how dangerous her job is.  I am not afraid of heights but couldn't imagine walking around on a piece of rope.  I believe she had a safety harness, but it would still be dangerous work.   Check the other photos I uploaded to my Blog if you want to see her working near the top of the mast.



Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.

They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.


4 comments:

William F Matthews said...

Excellent pictures of an unusual activity.

K. Bruce Lane - Photo of the Day said...

Thanks for the positive feedback!!

Anonymous said...

That's my daughter. She is amazing!

K. Bruce Lane - Photo of the Day said...

She is a brave woman to be up there. I photographed her for quite a while and have many more photos. I find it amazing that I could take a photo of her and eventually her Mom, somewhere in the world, could see them.

Thanks for your comments!!

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...