Thursday, April 19, 2012

San Juan 11 - HMS Bounty














San Juan 11 - HMS Bounty

I arrived back to the port in Old San Juan a little earlier than expected so I wandered down the dock a little to photograph a tall ship that was tied up not too far away. As I approached it, I noticed that it was called the Bounty, a name I recognized from Mutiny on the Bounty. I walked alongside the ship and made a few photos, all the while wishing I could go on board, however, the tours didn't start until an hour or so later.

The first photo shows the Bounty with Navigator of the Seas in the background and illustrates how far sea travel has come over the years. I liked the tall masts with many ropes and the odd-shaped window near the stern. Of course I made more than three images and you can check others on my Blog today.

When I got home I discovered that it was the replica of the ship that was used in the 1962 movie, Mutiny on the Bounty. It has also appeared in several other movies including Pirates of the Caribbean.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...