Wednesday, April 11, 2012

San Juan 3
















San Juan 3

Once our 15 minutes of time with the statues of US Presidents, we wandered into the Capitol Building to see the beautiful building which is made entirely of marble imported from Europe. The building was finished in the late 1920s and, according to the tour guide, the marble cost $500,000 then and is worth $500,000,000 today. Please note that I wasn't able to confirm those figures this morning. As you can see from the photos. the entire section I photographed was made of marble!

This architecture of this building reminded me of many I photographed in Europe last June. The mosaics show a little of the history of San Juan including its discovery by Christopher Columbus and the end of slavery!.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...