Sunday, May 20, 2012

Iceberg










Iceberg

I've had several requests for photos of icebergs and will run an Iceberg Series for a few days. According to reports, this is a good year for viewing icebergs because there are lots around the north-eastern coast of the island and Labrador.

In 1988, a large iceberg became grounded near the Cupids/Port de Grave area and I photographed it several times. Today's uploaded photos show how the berg looked the first time I saw it, then how it appeared a couple of weeks later. This was quite a large iceberg as you can see when you compare it to the size of the nearby boat.

I am not sure if you are all aware, but in 2005 my son, Mark and I created a DVD entitled Icebergs. You can find more information at: http://www.lanephotography.com/photo_products/photo_products_02.htm.
SPECIAL: The regular price for this DVD is $24.95 + s & h, but during this Photo of the Day Iceberg Series you can purchase it at 50% off! That's just $12.95 + s & h. Buy 2 and get free shipping and handling.

 Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Lupines

Lupines I will share photos of Lupines to my most recent Lupines Facebook Album over the next few days. I really like lupines and, when I mo...