Friday, May 25, 2012

Icebergs 6











Icebergs 6

The iceberg in Conception Bay was a large tabular iceberg that was about 30 feet high. As we went by in a small boat, I made photos of the ice and it's shapes and textures. Since there were lots of pieces floating around the iceberg, I knew they were falling off and was hoping none fell when we were fairly close. Interestingly, when we got back on the bigger boat, a large piece of ice broke off just where I had made photos minutes earlier.

When I was teaching at Mary Queen of Peace School in St. John's, we ran an Iceberg Project for years. We asked people to send photos of icebergs to our school and we published the photos on our website as well as mark the location. If you would like to check it out go to: http://www.mqp.k12.nf.ca/html/icebergs/

 Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel In May 2016, my wife and I had a pleasurable stay at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel in Banff, Alberta. Of cou...