Sunday, June 24, 2012

Atlantic Puffins 1











Atlantic Puffins 1

Many people enjoy watching puffins whether from a tour boat in the Witless Bay Ecological Reserve, from the cliffs near Elliston, Trinity Bay, or from several other locations around the province. For the next few days I plan to share photos of Atlantic Puffins in the Witless Bay area.

A beautiful day and a new camera and lens back in July, 2003 certainly helped me capture several good images of these beautiful birds. I have quite a bit of experience photographing birds and have learned that observing them closely is the best way to predict their behaviour. I noticed that often the puffins often flap their wings while on shore, so I used to wait until they did exactly that in order to capture them with wings spread. As you look at the photos I share each day on this mail list, I encourage you to check my Blog for additional images. If you are on Facebook and have not added me as a friend, feel free to do so because I also upload photos there each day.

Comments are welcome.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Lupines

Lupines I will share photos of Lupines to my most recent Lupines Facebook Album over the next few days. I really like lupines and, when I mo...