Friday, June 15, 2012

Baccalieu Trail 1






Baccalieu Trail 1

Today's photos were taken in Harbour Grace where a large iceberg is grounded near the mouth of the harbour. It was very dull because of the heavy clouds and fog so there was little contrast between the iceberg, water and sky. If you look carefully you can see another iceberg in the distance.

While photographing the berg, I focussed on a great black-backed seagull, which became very uncomfortable, then took flight and landed in the water thirty feet away. These seagulls are very skiddish. Even though I was shooting with my 70-300 mm lens, and it was more than 50 feet from me standing on a rock in the ocean, it still took off when I stopped and pointed my camera towards it.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

George Street United Church

George Street United Church In 2006, while working on a project about religion in Newfoundland and Labrador, I visited the 150-year-old chur...