Saturday, August 04, 2012

Opening Photos 4







Opening Photos 4

I have to admit I am enjoying looking at the photos I took a decade a go, all of which were used as Opening Photos on my web site. I am also enjoying the variety of images in this series so far.

For the duration of this series I plan to use numbers that correspond the the order of the above images. You will also notice that the photos are linked to Galleries - the same ones they were linked to at the time they were originally used.
  1. I always liked the composition and colours in the first photo which was taken while at a conference at the Airport Inn, near St. John's Airport. This photo was used to link to my Abstracts Galleries.
  2. Iceberg near Cape St. Francis on the northeast Avalon.
  3. I photographed these horses from the Veteran's Memorial Highway near the Roaches Line.
  4. The rocky cliffs near Salmon Cove Beach are very photogenic. This photo was originally linked to my Scenic Galleries.
  5. Fog drifting in over the cliffs in Calvert caught my attention and I stopped the car to capture the second image, which I used to link to my Seascapes Gallery.
  6. Back in July, 2002 I decided to take a walk with the hope of finding a specific flower, a Pink Lady's Slipper, to photograph. Luckily I found a few and made several photos of them. Since then I have photographed lots of them around the Avalon Peninsula. This image linked to my Plants Galleries.

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...