Sunday, August 19, 2012

To The Mountain 2







To The Mountain 2

Yesterday, I mentioned how dry it was along the trails in the forest behind my house. I photographed the dried mud while walking across a bog that is normally very wet. In thirty years, I have never seen it that dry.

There are other images were taken from the highest point of Inner Hawk Hills. It was so windy up there that I could hardly stay still long enough to make a photo. As you can see, from there you have a great view of Conception Bay and the area around Holyrood.

Since purchasing my NIkon P500 a little over a year ago, it has become the only camera I carry on my hikes in the forest. It is lightweight and there is no need to carry additional lenses. Since that camera also shoots HD video, I made a short video while rotating my body 360°. It is pretty good, but the wind was so loud that my voice can`t be heard on the video. I would share it, but at 120 Mb, it wouldn`t be advisable to send via email.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...