Sunday, November 25, 2012

Florence, Italy 11















 Florence, Italy 11

After three hours on our own, we returned to our meeting place in the Piazza di Santa Croce where I had just enough time to photograph the facade of the Basilica di Santa Croce. As you can see from the photos, this church is huge and adorned with many beautiful sculptures from the thirteenth and fourteenth centuries.
I used the 36x zoom on the Nikon to make close views of the art and will upload several over the next day or so. As one of you commented on your own visit to Florence, "it is hard to take it all in". I see much more in my photos now than I saw while standing in front of the building.

I thought the Duff t-shirt was interesting, especially after seeing Duff Beer when I was in Rome. There were a few artists sketching the basilica, but since it seemed like a class, I didn't want to be intrusive and moved on after making one photo.

When searching for a link to a Gallery of Newfoundland and Labrador images this morning I discovered that my Trout River Gallery wasn't linked anywhere on my site and, as a result, wasn't active. I have rectified this error and, if you decide to check the link below, you will be one of the first to see the gallery.
____________________________________________


NEWFOUNDLAND AND LABRADOR
 LINK OF THE DAY



 This is an official launch of the Trout River Gallery!

____________________________________________

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...