Monday, November 19, 2012

Florence, Italy 4













       Florence, Italy 4

This morning I am sharing the last photos of the Duomo and Baptistery in Florence.   The close views of the statues were located above the doors known as the Gates of Paradise.

One of you commented that you would need a day or two to really see and photograph the huge church.  I would have liked to see the inside, but we had to follow our tour guide as she continued through the historic district.

Florence was around an hour and a half drive from the cruise ship, so three hours of our tour was the drive to and from the city.  We had a three hour tour, then had 3 hours on our own. By now, I bet you can guess that my wife and I enjoyed the three hours on our own much better than following a group of 50 people trying to hear a guide relate the history of the area.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Lupines

Lupines I will share photos of Lupines to my most recent Lupines Facebook Album over the next few days. I really like lupines and, when I mo...