Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Civitavecchia, Italy 6















Civitavecchia, Italy 6

When I returned to the port of Civitavecchia from the Liberty of the Seas, I decided to walk along the beach for a while. As you can see from the photos, the beach was deserted. I guess the fact that it was late September and threatening to rain kept people away. None of the restaurants along the beach were busy - only a couple of people having a beer or coffee and using the free Wi-Fi. I suspect that it would be much busier on a better day, especially earlier in the Fall.

I've also shared photos of some of the vehicles they use in Italy: scooters, motorcycles,small cars and trucks. The farther I walked from the port entrance, the less busy it was. As well, some of the buildings were in bad shape and a few had even been abandoned. Even when cruise ships are in port, I guess most passengers head to Rome instead of staying in Civitavecchia.

The last photo shows a young woman sitting alone using her cell phone. As I travelled around, I began to notice more and more people interacting with their phones to the point that they are unaware of what is going on around them.

NEWFOUNDLAND AND LABRADOR
LINK OF THE DAY




Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...