Sunday, January 06, 2013

Dubrovnik, Croatia 7














Dubrovnik, Croatia 7

I walked along the top street in Dubrovnik until it led to a set of stairs (which is really the street) leading down toward the main street. I made a few photos on the way down, then came out next to a café where the first thing I saw was 4 people nearest to me checking their phones. I saw this so many times on our trips that I quickly made this photo. I find it amazing how prevalent the "smart" phones are, and how "addicted" some people seem to be.

Ten days later, when we were flying home a young woman across the aisle ignored every announcement asking people to turn off phones and each time a stewardess came by, she would hide it. She cared nothing about the safety announcements - just wanted to keep checking her Facebook page. It seemed like she couldn't put it away, even for a few minutes.

The windows in the last photo reminded me of Venice and when I checked its history, Dubrovnik was under Venetian rule for over 100 years in the Middle Ages.

Newfoundland and Labrador
Link of the Day




Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...