Sunday, January 27, 2013

Mykonos, Greece 3














Mykonos, Greece 3

I saw a man sitting by a small table having a cigarette. He looked up at me just as I took the photo, but he didn't seem to mind. When I took the second photo of him, he looked at someone else who was walking by. I nodded and smiled at him to signal thanks for the photo and he smiled back. I don't think he was a tourist, but a local who had been out to a store to make a purchase.

In Mykonos, we wandered through winding streets that seem to go everywhere. Apparently they had been designed that way to fool invaders and pirates. You can see a few of them in the images I uploaded this morning. Like most places we travelled in Europe, there were "cafés" wherever they could fit a chair or two. This was true, even in the narrow streets on this Greek island.

Like in most places, I made photographs through shop windows. I guess you can say I was "window shopping". I've uploaded a few images of the colourful items for sale.

Today's Newfoundland and Labrador Link of the day shows the panels of a quilt dedicated to Women in the Fishery. It was created by a class in Riverhead, St. Mary's Bay and now hangs at the museum in St. Vincents on the Southern Avalon along the Irish Loop.

Newfoundland and Labrador
Link of the Day


Photos of the Day are for sale as:


No comments:

George Street United Church

George Street United Church In 2006, while working on a project about religion in Newfoundland and Labrador, I visited the 150-year-old chur...