Saturday, February 02, 2013

Mykonos, Greece 9
















Mykonos, Greece 9

I've mentioned previously how many people that I photographed having their pictures taken as they "posed" in front of tourist attractions. A young couple were posing in front of the windmills in Mykonos and I stopped to make a couple of photos. I am always curious as to why people do this. In Pisa, they pretend to hold up the Leaning Tower, here they pretended to be windmills. In other places I have seen people making the same poses as the statues they are photographing and others jumping as high off the ground as they could. I find it interesting and have photographed many strangers having their pictures taken.

I liked the scene of a young woman walking up the hill towards me and made a quick photo of her. The cruise ship in the background is one of three that were anchored just off shore that day.

In the views of the houses built right on the ocean you can see that they should be be hit hard during a storm. It looks nice on a calm day, but I bet people don't eat in the cafés there when the sea is rough!

I forgot to upload my Newfoundland and Labrador Link of the Day to my Facebook page yesterday, so I am sharing another photo of the community again today.

Newfoundland and Labrador
Link of the Day


Photos of the Day are for sale as:


No comments:

George Street United Church

George Street United Church In 2006, while working on a project about religion in Newfoundland and Labrador, I visited the 150-year-old chur...