Thursday, February 28, 2013

Winter Walk 2






Winter Walk 2

As those of you who have enjoyed walking on snowshoes already know, the trip back is a easier if you follow the same trail. In my case it was a LOT easier because it was all downhill as well. I took more photos on the way back because the sun wasn't in my eyes and I felt my tracks added to the images of a winter walk.

The open spaces in the photos on the top of the hills are actually bogs and small ponds. In summer the bogs are wet and soggy and I would have to walk around the ponds, and it would take longer to walk across them. Another advantage of walking up there in the winter is that there are no biting insects to bother me.

The weather forecast for the next few days is rain, drizzle and fog. This will take away a lot of the snow and add water to brooks, which will make it harder to snowshoe across them. I guess there won't be many more opportunities to snowshoe for a while.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...