Thursday, March 14, 2013

Active People 3




 


Active People 3

I wondered why a young lady in Chapel's Cove was walking alongside her horse and quickly stopped to make a photo.

Swimming is another activity that is supposed to be good for you.  This photo was taken in 1977 at an international swim meet in St. John's.  I just happened to be visiting the city at the time and, because I was shooting photos for the Grand Falls Advertiser at the time, was given a press pass which enabled me to get close to the action.  I shot both b & w and colour film, and several of the b & w images were subsequently published in the newspaper.  I made this photo of Gord MacDonald, a team mate of mine when I swam on the Memorial University Swim Team.

I spotted two young adults getting dangerously close to the waves breaking on the rocks in Torbay.  I was worried that one or both of  them would be swept into the harbour, but they would run away as the waves approached.

I remember riding my bicycle everywhere when I was a kid including a 10 mile ride on gravel road to my favourite swimming hole.  I didn't think of it as exercise - just transportation,  I have many fond memories of bike rides.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...