Saturday, March 23, 2013

Flower's Cove Lighthouse
















Flower's Cove Lighthouse

The lighthouse in Flower's Cove was built by the Government of Canada in the late 1880's, probably in 1899. It was operated by the Quebec Signal Service and the light keepers were from the north shore of Quebec. In those days, the Government of Newfoundland had nothing to do with lighthouses on the west coast of the island.

This morning I've uploaded 16 images of the lighthouse to my Blog. A few show close views and several show the lighthouse as part of the surroundings. It is a very photogenic and unique lighthouse so I tried to get a variety of different views. I assume the house on the island, which looks like it has been abandoned for quite some time, was the light keeper's residence.


Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...