Saturday, March 23, 2013

Flower's Cove

Flower's Cove


You can imagine my surprise yesterday when I received this comment from a person on my Photo of the Day list. It sure is a small world!
My husband is a descendant of Thomas Mitchelmore and that is the gravesite of his first wife who died in childbirth. He has another buried in Anchor Point same demise. His third wife managed to give him 8 children He is the founding settler of Green Island Cove. It certainly is an interesting story.

I thought I'd share these comments from another person on my Photo of the Day list. Don't you find it interesting that a couple of photos of an old headstone in an unpopulated area has generated a few responses from people on my list?
I fully agree that there is a story in the pictures re Michelmore. They were one of the pioneer families of the area and continue to produce prominent family members. During WW I two Michelmore brothers were killed in action n the Royal Newfoundland Regiment. More recently, a Michelmore lady was recently appointed as President of Shell Canada . Another well known family member is MHA for the area.
There are so many stories around our great Province and perhaps you photos will be the stimulus needed to have some of the stories told.


Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...